The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) govern the way in which we must manage your personal information. We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the APPs, and to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
This Privacy Statement (the ‘Statement’) explains the types of information we collect from you and how we will use it. The Statement covers the choices you can make about the data we collect about you and the control you are entitled to have on its usage. This Statement applies to all floq companies, trading entities, websites and our data collection and privacy practices. Floq does not and will never sell or share any personal information. We only use your data as authorised in this Statement.
Please read this Statement carefully to understand when you may provide personal information to us and how floq uses and protects personal information provided. By using this website, you agree to the use of your personal information as described in this Statement. The terms ‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘floq’ are each intended as reference to floq companies, trading entities or websites.
- our online properties (here and after, each a ‘website’), including:
- our websites, including but not limited to www.floq.com.au;
- any related floq or client website, social media page, internal website, intranet and any floq or client mobile or tablet applications;
- personal information provided to us by our clients and customers and personal information collected by us on behalf of our clients and customers as a result of the provision of professional services to our clients and customers; and
- any other means through which an individual provides personal information to floq and its clients, including either physically or electronically.
what information do we collect?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information. We may gather the following information about you when you use this website:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device)
- Mobile device ID
- Information provided by you in relation to submitting a service enquiry to us, including business name and other business details
- Passively collected anonymous information of behaviour (clicks, scrolls, pageviews, etc.) when you browse our website
how do we use your information?
We will use your personal information in the following ways. We are also required by law to state a ‘legal basis for processing’, i.e. to tell you on what grounds we are allowed to use your information, and this is also set out below:
- Respond to specific queries you may raise regarding floq and its services or operations.
- To deliver the best online experience by understanding how you use our website to provide you with better ways of accessing information through tools like Google Analytics and Hotjar, among others.
- Process and consider your enquiry.
Our legal basis for processing:
- Consent – we only use your personal information for this purpose if you have asked us to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Our legitimate interests: we use your personal information to help us to deliver the best online experience to you and other website users.
- Our legitimate interests: we use your personal information to assess your service enquiry, and to keep you updated throughout the process.
For how we use your information that is collected using cookies and similar technologies please see the ‘Cookies’ section below.
do we pass your information to third parties?
For the purposes described above (in ‘how do we use your information?’), your information may be shared with clients, promotional partners and other trusted third parties, either in Australia or overseas including in New Zealand and Asia, who may also contact you with information about products and services and with marketing materials, including electronically.
Failure to provide personal information may result in you being unable to receive newsletters, or floq being unable to provide you with certain content, products or services.
for advertising and marketing purposes
We use several modern marketing tools and technologies to support and enhance our advertising efforts.
You can opt out of these personalised ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website. Opting out may make the ads you see across the internet less relevant to you.
If you have opted out of receiving communications from us, we will not use your email or other personally identifiable information for advertising to you, although you may still be subject to certain interest-based advertising depending upon your browser and device settings.
Where do we send your information?
We are a global company and therefore we may transfer your personal information to countries around the world including the US and other countries outside Europe. We will, where the country to which your data is transferred has not been found to provide an adequate level of protection, put in place appropriate safeguards (we use standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is protected.
how long do we keep your information?
Data will be retained via secure storage for as long as necessary or reasonable to provide our Services effectively, or for matter such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, enforcing contractual agreements or recruitment. Retention period may vary due to the context and nature of the situation.
What are cookies?
We may use information obtained from cookies or similar technology. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which we download onto your computer or device when you visit our website. Therefore, when we refer to ‘you’ in this section we mean your computer. We can recognise these cookies on subsequent visits and they allow us to remember you.
Cookies come in many forms. We have set out below the main types and categories of cookies that are used. This section refers to all types and categories of cookies and not just those we use on our website.
- First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is first-party or third-party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user, the website displayed in the URL window e.g. https://www.floq.co/. Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookie: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies certain services you have asked for cannot be provided. e.g. the ASP.NET cookie.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information on the pages visited. These cookies collect information about how users use a website, for instance which pages users go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are only used to improve how the website works.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to help provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity to other websites.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: these cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisation such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
If you want to delete any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu.
How to control cookie settings
You can set up notifications directly from your browser when you receive a cookie, which then gives you the capability to accept it or not.
Third Party Websites
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Under 13 year olds
This web site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from or about any person under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old and wish to ask a question or use this site in any way which requires you to submit your personal information, please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
Your Communication, Marketing and Advertising Preferences
You have the ability and right to opt out of floq’s direct communications.
To opt out of receiving emails, follow “Unsubscribe” options that will be available to you from system-generated emails or by replying with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line to any direct emails received.
To opt out of receiving phone calls, inform us on the call, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To opt out of receiving direct mail, email email@example.com. We completely respect your choice and will stop sending any promotional emails upon unsubscribing or communication via phone calls. Note, it may take up to a fortnight to process your request.
You can review, edit or delete your personal data by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
floq will continue to communicate with you for Services you currently receive from us.
You also have the right to ask to:
- for a copy of the personal information we have on you in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format
- have any inaccuracies in your personal information to be corrected
- to have your personal information be erased or restricted, with the understanding that if we are currently providing services to you, immediate erasure could affect our ability to continue to provide those services to you.
How to contact us
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at the following address: email@example.com
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of our policy.